Our Raleigh patients wearing contact lenses for the first time often inquire about the difference between soft contact lenses and hard contact lenses and ask which is right for them. While most patients are prescribed soft contacts lenses for comfort, hard contacts are preferable for patients with irregular corneas or keratoconus.
Let’s review the advantages of soft and hard contact lenses.
Soft Contact Lenses
- Soft contacts are more comfortable and require less time getting used to.
- Soft contact lenses are ideal for occasional use.
- Soft contacts rarely fall out of the eye and are better suited for an active lifestyle.
Hard Contact Lenses
- Hard contacts enable clear vision and correct astigmatism.
- Hard contact lenses are much easier to care for than conventional soft contacts.
- The stronger durable material make hard contacts less likely to tear.
Fox Eye Care is Raleigh’s contact lens superstore. Make an appointment for a contact lens exam or fitting today and less us help you find the perfect contact lens for your vision and lifestyle.